[Digikam-users] Import issue on SVN version

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 13:30:06 BST 2008

Well, I've tried every combination of setting and not setting every
variable that I could. I cannot get Digikam to show pictures, I always
get a different error accompanied by "klauncher said: Unknown protocol
'digikamalbums'". I have tried running "update-desktop-files" as
suggested here (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-kde-extras/2005-December/000383.html).
I don't see anything related to digikam in .xsession-errors, which was
suggested in several pages that I found.

Should I recompile without using prefixes? I have read here
(http://mlblog.osdir.com/kde.digikam.user/2006-06/index.shtml#00010)
that might help. According to here
(http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2005-November/000615.html)
I have not set properly the kde install path. How should one know what
that path is? If I don't use prefixes, then will Digikam find it
automatically in compilation?

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com