[Digikam-users] More questions about sort order in folders

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Thu Jul 10 21:18:59 BST 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 09:57:37PM +0200, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:

> > > In which situation do you want to enforce a resort?
> >
> > It would be good to be able to just ask for a resort - menu option
> > maybe - so that after setting a whole lot of album dates one can
> > 'resort' and see if you've got it right.
>
> I would expect that resorting works immediately - you change the date, the
> album is resorted. It may be that we dont currently have the necessary
> signals available.

No, it's never been like that in the albums/folders.  For example if
you create new albums in an album then while you're doing it they just
appear in the order you create them.  It's only if you exit and
re-enter (or go to a different sort and back) that you get them in
alphabetical order rather then the order you created them.

--
Chris Green