[Digikam-users] raw conversion

Michael Stoehrel michael at stoehrel.ch
Tue Jul 8 23:24:32 BST 2008

Hi all

OK, I found the option to show the full image size.

But again, I try to explain what I am doing:
I have a upright "filename.nef" (Nikon RAW, D300, without ) with exif
orientation left, bottom.
Showing it in the Viewer (F3) shows me a high resolution picture, with
or without setting the full image size option.
Showing it in the Slideshow (F9) shows me also a high resolution picture.
Always in the correct orientation.

After converting it with "tools, raw image converter" or the batch
version of it to "filename.jpg"
I have a wrong oriented "filename.jpg" with exif orientation left,
bottom in thumbnails.
Depending on the setting of "show full image", I have the picture in
High or low resoution in
the viewer (F3) or Slideshow (F9) but wrong oriented.

In Lighttable (Shift+F6), I have always the low res picture, wrong oriented.

If I edit (F4) now the picture and save it again as filename.jpg, I have
the high res picture regardless of the setting of the full image size
option.
I found out: "Auto Rotate" option has to be set for the thumbnail, low
res and the high res extra.

In Settings I have the Exif orientation on and in the converter advanced
tab the rotate pixel option off.

If I convert the picture with Nikon FX or Lighzone from .nef to .jpg, I
have always a high res picture in the right orientation
in Viewer (F3) or Slideshow (F9)

How to get a correct oriented conversion?
How to disable the embedded low res picture in the converison to .jpg?

best regards

Michael