[Digikam-users] How to build Digikam?

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Tue Jul 8 23:09:32 BST 2008

One last note (but then I will really go to bed):

If you have KDE3 and KDE4 installed, it might be a good way to create a new
user, for example 'kde4', and append the vars I mentioned earlier in there:

export YACC='byacc -d'
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt
export KDEDIR=/opt/kdemod
export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIR:/opt/kde
export DBUSDIR=/usr
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$DBSDIR/lib/pkgconfig:$KDEDIR/lib/pkgconfig:
$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH:/opt/kde/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
eval `PATH=$DBUSDIR/bin $DBUSDIR/bin/dbus-launch --auto-syntax`

Sure you have to change them accordingly. So now everything should be prior to
KDE4, not KDE3.
But first you really should make sure to install all needed kde4 packages... I
don't know the names in kubuntu, I have installed those packages in archlinux
to satisfy everything:

kdemod4-akonadi
kdemod4-automoc4
kdemod4-kde-common
kdemod4-kdebase-runtime
kdemod4-kdebase-runtime-icons
kdemod4-kdelibs
kdemod4-kdepimlibs
kdemod4-phonon
kdemod4-soprano
kdemod4-strigi

Maybe they are named the same in kubuntu.

Andi