[Digikam-users] raw conversion

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 07:32:47 BST 2008

2008/7/6 Michael Stoehrel <michael at stoehrel.ch>:
> Hi all
>
> Running 0.94-rc1
> If I am doing a raw (Nikon) conversion (color issues are fixed, perfect)
> to jpg,
> I have all pics in the same orientation and with a very bad resolution
> in the viewer but 10MB file size.
> If I am editing a picture e.g. to put in the right orientation, and save
> again all is fine.
>
> What I am doing wrong?

Nothing. You try to compare 2 different way to display RAW images :

1/ Preview (F3) : to speed up RAW image display, preview mode do not
use RAW image data but the jpeg embedded in RAW file. This version is
generally more small than original image. It's very fast.

2/ Edit (F4) : here the real raw image data are decoded. it's take a
while, but the image size are always fine.

Best