[Digikam-users] Icons for left sidebar - can I customise them easily?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Thu Jan 31 08:44:58 GMT 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 08:12:01AM +0100, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:

> > > It works quite well with 16x16 icons, but you need an icon theme
> > > installed that has 16x16icons included.
> >
> > Can you explain that a little further please.
> >
> > As installed (digikam 0.9.2 on Fedora) if I click on any image's "Set
> > as Album thumbnail" they *only* work with the Sidebar Thumbnail Size
> > set to 22x22 or larger.  With the Sidebar Thumbnail Size set to 16x16
> > I just get the default folder icon in the left album tree.
> >
> > What's an "icon theme"?  I don't run KDE but have the KDE libraries.
>
> I'm sorry, I did not understand your wish to put your own icon into the folder
> icons: That is not possible with 16 bits (but it seems not worthwhile either,
> except for the color you will not be able to distinguish anything).

No problem, it's always difficult to explain and understand these
things in a text only medium.

You're right that there's no point in putting actual images into the
16x16 icons but that isn't really my requirement.  I just want to put
'identifier flags' there - e.g. a three coloured folder icon to
indicate colour pictures in the album and a grey folder icon to
indicate B&W images in the album.  Maybe one could have the three
colours in a different order to indicate positive and negative colour
films.

The 16x16 folder icon used by digikam seems to be one I have elsewhere
on my system in the 'crystalview' icons directory, there are lots of
other folder icons available there which, if I could use them, would
be ideal.

--
Chris Green