[Digikam-users] Icons for left sidebar - can I customise them easily?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed Jan 30 22:21:55 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 10:48:11PM +0100, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> Am Wednesday 30 January 2008 schrieb Chris G:
> > I'd really like to be able to use a small set of icons for the albums
> > in the left sidebar.
> >
> > For example I'd like to be able to indicate the film type (i.e. B&W
> > negative, colour negative, transparency) with different icons.
> >
> > I could almost get what I want by putting a suitable image in the
> > folder and selecting that as the folder icon but this has a couple of
> > problems:-
> >
> >     It doesn't work with the 16x16 icons, only with the larger ones.
> It works quite well with 16x16 icons, but you need an icon theme installed
> that has 16x16icons included.

Can you explain that a little further please.

As installed (digikam 0.9.2 on Fedora) if I click on any image's "Set
as Album thumbnail" they *only* work with the Sidebar Thumbnail Size
set to 22x22 or larger.  With the Sidebar Thumbnail Size set to 16x16
I just get the default folder icon in the left album tree.

What's an "icon theme"?  I don't run KDE but have the KDE libraries.

> Gerhard
> >
> >     I'd need to put my special icon image in every album.
> >
> > Is there anything I'm missing or should I add a wish to make this more
> > possible/easy?
>

> --
> http://www.gerhard.fr

Chris Green