[Digikam-users] New GPS tracker for photographers

pedro venda pjvenda at pjvenda.org
Wed Jan 30 12:12:48 GMT 2008

Arnd Baecker wrote:

>>> I think G. Boiko managed that. He is sometimes in the digikam IRC
>>> (#digikam on irc.freenode.net) you could ask him ...
>>>
>> OK, I just checked: he managed to build the upcoming
>> digikam 0.10. This uses KDE4 and is, however, under heavy development
>> and thus not yet recommended for production use, see
>>   http://www.digikam.org/?q=about/releaseplan
>> Well, Gilles just pointed out that this should exist via fink;
>> and indeed, see
>>    http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/digikam

Thanks Arnd.

digiKam exists in fink and I've already installed it, but the availabel
kipi-plugins don't even include gpssync and digikam does not link
properly with libkexiv2 and friends, so EXIF/IPTC/Makernote handling is
not very good (i.e. does not work). I can't give any more details as I'm
upgrading os X to leopard and got rid of everything-fink to get more
disk space.

That's why I was trying to compile it manually against all its
dependencies and the dependencies of the dependencies...

Cheers,