[Digikam-users] Email images launches Kmail, expecting Thunderbird.

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Jan 30 06:56:44 GMT 2008

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Mike Meiser wrote:

> I noticed a similar thing with digikam expecting konqueror instead of firefox.
>
> Since it was just a one time thing I just installed konqueror, but
> obviously... this doesn't work so well for email.

The important thing is, in my opinion, that digikam should not
force the user to use a specific web-browser or email programm.

In the FAQ
  http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/146
this is discussed.

I think it would make sense to add to this FAQ:
"""
For the "Email images" tool the mail agent can
be specified in the dialogue.
Note that the "default" mailer agent is the
one defined in the KDE control center (kcontrol).
"""

BTW: Is the "Image/Email images" the only place where
an email programm is invoked?

Concerning ubuntu: why are the kcontrol menus not available?
Is there any back-ground information?

So to summarize: both web-browser and e-mail program
can be specified to be different from konquerer/kmail
(apart from ubuntu, it seems). Correct?

Best, Arnd