[Digikam-users] backup and data integrity

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Jan 22 16:21:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:

[...]

> Arnd, can you send me the script? I'd like to try too.

Done (off-list, it is really not ment for general consumption ... ;-)

> I just read that strigi is exactly doing what we want, comparing files with
> sha1. Maybe sha1 is faster than md5?

No idea. Maybe we should do a speed test at some point ;-)

> Strigi creates a sha1 of every file and stores it its DB. Then it checks for
> file date changes and if yes, runs sha1 to see if it really has changed
> before grepping it thouroughly.

Looking at
http://strigi.sourceforge.net/?q=features
it does not seem to support images?

I don't yet fully see how strigi will finally fit into
"the" solution, this is definitively something to look at in more detail!
Thanks for the pointer.

Best, Arnd