[Digikam-users] New GPS tracker for photographers

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Jan 22 11:19:38 GMT 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:

> I just found a new "digiKam plugin" :-)
>
> It's a GPS tracker for about €90 that loads the track data directly into the
> SD-cards: http://photofinder.atpinc.com/

Hopefully it does not corrupt the data at that stage
(which normally would be before any back-up ... ;-).

Apart from that possibility it seems like a nice device, in particular
because the UTC time will be in the display
(This step is important, because otherwise there is no
way to correct time shifts).
Presumably it does not support different time-zones.
At least it has a SiRF Star III chipset but the running time of
about 8hours
(according to http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08011601photofinder.asp)
is a bit on the low side for my taste ...

Arnd