[Digikam-users] Timeline question, plus first impressions of 0.9.3 - delighted!

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Jan 21 08:50:15 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 08:39:45AM +0100, Miko?aj Machowski wrote:
> > Would some knowledgeable person share - what is the difference between
> > "Tools, Update Metadata Database" and "Album, Synchronize images with
> > database"?
>
> This is like syncing of data between palmtop and computer:

Not really it isn't, see below.

> First item is taking data from images and writes it to database
> (overwriting existing data if necessary). Second item is taking data
> from database and writing it to images.

Synchronising a PDA with a computer is rather cleverer than this.  The
date of a change on *either* PDA or computer is recorded and when they
are synchronised the *latest* change is applied to both PDA and
computer.  (i.e the time/date when the change is performed is
recorded, it has nothing to do with the time/date setting in the data)

I don't think I'd really want digikam to do this!

--
Chris Green