[Digikam-users] Timeline question, plus first impressions of 0.9.3 - delighted!

elle stone jrle1 at twcny.rr.com
Mon Jan 21 03:01:52 GMT 2008

I did add a comment to the first bug as requested.  I've continued to
experiment with digikam.  I can't reliably recreate having an image's place
on the calender change from the creation date to the date iptc data was
entered.  At first I thought it was tied to whether or not "Save image
timestamp as tags" was checked under Configure - digiKam Metadata.  But that
seems not to be true upon further testing.  I did see that, coincident with
the image changing its place on the calendar, the "Date and Time (original)"
on the exif tab gets reset to the date/time of the change in IPTC data So
the "date and time digitized" is the correctly set to the "create date and
time", but the date and time of the original is incorrectly reset.  So I
will add another comment to the bug in question.  Puzzling.

Would some knowledgeable person share - what is the difference between
"Tools, Update Metadata Database" and "Album, Synchronize images with
database"?

Elle