[Digikam-users] 0.9.3 & Canon 400D: No thumbnails, then segfaults

Mark Ovens parish at magichamster.com
Sun Jan 20 22:21:11 GMT 2008

Gilles Caulier wrote:

> 2008/1/20, Mark Ovens <parish at magichamster.com
> <mailto:parish at magichamster.com>>:
>

>     Everything worked OK in 0.9.1 (with the same OS version).
>

> But certainly not the same libgphoto2 version.

Just a follow up to this.

It is quite possible that I _was_ running 0.9.2 with gphoto 2.4.0. I've
looked at the CVS logs for the FreeBSD Ports tree to check when things
got updated.

gphoto got updated to 2.4.0 on 2007/8/13 and although digikam was
already at 0.9.2 then, digikam had the _port_ version bumped due to
various library updates on 2007/09/18.

I don't keep local build/install logs but I use several tools to keep
all installed ports up to date that I run usually once a week at least
so it is almost certain that digikam would have been rebuilt and
reinstalled even though it was the same version of digikam.

This may explain why 0.9.3 doesn't work with gphoto 2.2.1 either (see my
reply to Arnd).

Regards,

Mark