[Digikam-users] 0.9.3 & Canon 400D: No thumbnails, then segfaults

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sun Jan 20 20:13:18 GMT 2008

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008, Mark Ovens wrote:

> Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > But certainly not the same libgphoto2 version.
> >
> > digiKam do not have camera drivers. GPhoto2 is used for that...
> >
> > Accordingly with reports in this room and in bugzilla, I have seen than
> > libgphoto2 2.4.0 Canon drivers become unstable...
> >
> > I don't have a Canon camera (Minolta Dynax 5D)
> >

> Thanks Gilles, I thought that libgphoto would be the problem. It would
> have been v2.3.1 of libgphoto with digikam 0.9.2 (0.9.1 was a typo in my
> original post).
>
> Will 0.9.3 build/run with version 2.3.1 of libgphoto2 ?

It should (I even only have gphoto2 ver 2.2., because
I download images via card-reader).

The other option is to ask on the gphoto2 mailing list,
after testing the following steps
a) connect camera, what is the output of dmesg
   (only the camera related part)
b) gphoto2 -v
c) gphoto2 --list ports
d) gphoto2 --auto-detect -L
e) gphoto2 --abilities
f) gphoto2 --list-folders

In addition you might try to compile the current svn version of gphoto2
and see if it works better and only then proceed with installing
digikam from source...

Best, Arnd