[Digikam-users] raw file conversion

Gerhard Kulzer gerhardkgmx at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 14:46:36 GMT 2008

Am Friday 18 January 2008 schrieb gunzip:
> Well, not only thumbnails are different but also the image preview
> (the one that you get when you click on the thumbnail). This
> preview is perfect but i cannot 'save' it, _as it is_, in any portable
> format.
>
> When i go "edit" the image has some brightness/white balance
> adjustment which i want to avoid (ie. there'are no settings of the
> raw converter that can preserve the "preview" as it appears).
>
> The weird thing is that if a click _again on the thumbnail the
> image _preview is now changed too (just after going on edit and
> saving nothing at all) and is equal to the  adjusted image.
>
> thank you anyway!
> -d.
It seems you haven't read the documentation :-), i can understand that, I
always try to do without it.
The thumbnail and preview of RAW files use the RAW-embedded thumbnails which
are identical in conversion but smaller than the jpeg files.

There is no interest to produce jpeg equivalents with RAW files (otherwise
shot in jpeg mode). The RAW conversion aims at achieving something
else/better than jpeg camera processing. In order to get that to work you
have to set up the RAW conversion (with appropriate color profiles) and color
management in the settings pages. Please refer to the documentation for
details.

Gerhard

--
http://www.gerhard.fr