[Digikam-users] Another date problem/question

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Fri Jan 18 12:06:48 GMT 2008

As before, I'm running digikam 0.9.2 final.

I have only just started really trying to use dates on folders and
images in digikam.

If you have a number of folders with different dates in a single month
and you select "View - Sort Albums - By Date" then the albums are *not*
sorted by date within the month, they're sorted alphabetically.

What I'd really prefer actually is to be able to ask digikam to sort
by date within "View - Sort Albums - By Folder", i.e. I'd like to have
alternatives to the default alphabetical sort within a folder (doing
this would presumably fix the issue I've raised in the previous
paragraph too).  Ultimately what would be really nice would be ways to
sort a directory/folder in the same way that the 'ls' command does it.
(The question would be of course whether the date used was the
creation date of the folder or the digikam database date, presumably
though it would be perfectly possible to synchronise these)

--
Chris Green