[Digikam-users] images created through open-with dialog do not shine up in current session

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Jan 17 14:03:44 GMT 2008

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Markus Spring wrote:

> Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > This one use FAM service on Linux system. Are you installed this service
> > on your computer ?
> Gilles,
> thank you for your answer. FAM was indeed not installed in my Kubuntu, probably
> because it was derived from a Ubuntu installation with a following apt-get
> install kubuntu-desktop. I have made up for this and checked that famd is
> running now.
>
> Unfortunately it still doesn't work in digikam. I have checked konqueror, it
> indeed updates the displayed files when remove an image through digikam, but
> this does not happen the other way round, i.e. changing the files through
> konqueror and watching in digikam.
>
> Any ideas how to further check/resolve this?

Just two thoughts which most likely are way off:
- did you run kdeinit after installing the FAM?
  (not that I know that this would be necessary, in particular
   because it works with konqueror ...)
- this is even more absurd: does it make a difference
  to configure/compile of digikam whether FAM is installed or not?
  (If so, a fresh re-install might help.)

Hmm, so nothing profound here,

Arnd