[Digikam-users] Some questions about tags

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed Jan 16 21:33:01 GMT 2008

Sorry, more questions about what one can (and can't) do with tags.

Is there any way to change the order in which tags appear?
    In the right panel they appear in alphabetical order, if you drag
    one elsewhere in the right panel then Digikam crashes.

    On the thumbnails they are in alphabetical order of the tag
    (regardless of parent tag)

    On the pop-ups they appear with their parent tags in a
    slightly different order.

It would be nice if one could specify the order as one could then put
less important 'technical' tags at the end and more important
'subject' tags at the beginning so that on the thumbnails one might
see something like:-

    Sally, Barnet, FP3, Petriflex5

which is much better than:-

    Barnet, FP3, Petriflex5, Sally

On a connected subject can one change the order in which albums are
displayed but still maintain the folder hierarchy?  I.e. I *don't*
want to do what the View menu settings do.  Setting "Sort by
Collection" didn't do at all what I expected!  What I want really is
to be able to show the folder hierarchy as the existing directory
hierarchy but allowing the order of the sub-folders within a folder to
be changed either by specifying a different sort or even simply by
manually placing them.

--
Chris Green