[Digikam-users] (no subject)

hex hex at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 5 23:00:59 GMT 2008

Ummm?

rather strangely I can see both sides of this argument and very clearly!

I'm a complete Linux 'newbie' so like the idea of a nice 'windozy' search
GUI......but! I have been trying desperately to get my head round Linux
commands and regular expressions etc and (hopefully) beginning to find my way
around - and very surprised at the power/adapatbility of things like regular
expressions and would like to use it more! (sad but true!) but I can see
where Michel is coming from with the "oh - everyone knows that..." scenario.

One solution would be that of a Windows text editor program called TextPad
which has a search GUI with a radio button that switches on/off regular
expression searching (it's off by default and you just type your search
expression or regular expression in the same search text box!) - that way
everyone would be happy?

...just a thought!
DIL23
:)