[Digikam-users] Include Album Sub-Tree shows blank page

Gerry Patterson thedeepvoice at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 19:58:35 GMT 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 1:48 PM, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de> wrote:

> Just one thought:
>
> when you followed http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn
> did you also do
>
> export DIGIKAMDEST=/home/fabien/myopt
> export KDEDIRS=$DIGIKAMDEST:/usr
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> export LDPATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:$LDPATH
> export PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/bin:$PATH
> kdeinit
>
> THe important bit is the kdeinit
> (actually, kbuildsycoca should be sufficient).
> If you don't do this, there might be a mismatch in the kio-slave
> communication, which is used to fetch image numbers etc.,
> if I remember correctly.
>
> Best, Arnd

Hello  Arnd,

That was it.  Thank you!  I saw the bit about kdeinit before, but thought
if I ran the start_digikam.sh script I wouldn't need it.  I have since added
this to my startup script.  Would it be right to update the script on the
website to include this?

Just another thank you as well:

The main reason I dug into this was I shoot almost exclusively in RAW with
my canons but found, on my PC it was very slow to open the images to preview
them properly.  Then I discovered the 'double click shows embedded preview
option'.  This worked great except for pictures that were shot in portrait.
In 0.9.2 the embedded preview was not rotated when displayed.  (The
thumbnail was and so was the image when opened up in the editor, just the
preview wasn't).   This is fixed in 0.9.3!  Wonderful!

Best Regards,

- Gerry