[Digikam-users] Crash recovery

Duffields dhltd at telus.net
Thu Feb 28 19:38:53 GMT 2008

I just completed an evaluation of Photo Management applications for Ubuntu (Ver
7.10) and had settled on DigiKam as the best. BUT today I hooked up an NAS to
see how DigiKam would perform and when I was editing some photos, DigiKam
stalled when deleting a photo.

The NAS was churning madly for a long time so I re-booted the Ubuntu Box and
when I tried to re-start DigiKam, a message displayed "Failed to update old
Database to new Database format" and DigiKam would not load.

I tried un-installing DigiKam and deleting all related data files that I could
find, then re-installing DigiKam but I still get the same error message when
trying to run it.

Can someone tell me how I can re-start DigiKam and if this is a known problem is
there a work-around?

Thanks