[Digikam-users] Created/modified date & Digikam start problems

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Tue Feb 26 19:32:24 GMT 2008

Dnia Tuesday 26 of February 2008, Risto Saukonpää napisał:
> Hi! I have two subjects, other is already asked and still a "unsolved"
> problem.
>
> 1.
> Is there coming any change to photo "created/modified : dd.mm.yyyy
> hh:mm" information how it is shown?
> I always use a 128 size preview and i just noticed that if i change
> preview to smaller, i just see "created/modified" text and not
> information. So mayby there should be somekind change how to show that
> information, like just like "c : dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm" and "m : dd.mm.yyyy
> hh:mm". So user would know that m = modified and c = created information
> and those informations would be seen with smaller preview.
> Im planning to add wish report about this but i would like to know is
> there something what i'm doing wrong in this case?

Well, one thing is missing: what strings are cut - Captions below
thumbnail, text in panel?

> 2.
> My old problem to start a digikam has got new "turn".

As far as I understand digiKam doesn't support reading/writing of
database from non-local repositories. It mostly applies to network
drives but not only. Differences between various distributions probably
means that they are mounting USB in slightly different ways and
with some settings sqlite (database engine of digiKam) can read data and
sometimes not.

m.