[Digikam-users] Digikam IPTC

michael hughes leftbrainorama at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 19 09:46:17 GMT 2008

Well, well, someone else is feeling insulted! Dear Mikolaj if you had
bothered to read the beginning of this instead of just piling in in the
middle, you would have noticed that I have indeed been talking about
interface (non-intuitive), workflow (having to switch IPTC on), as for
believable scenarios how do you like this; I have taken my pictures and am
sitting in my car with my laptop downloading my files. I have chosen the 10
or so I am going to email. To save time I have taken jpegs not RAW, now I
have managed to get my copyright etc.into the IPTC - how the hell to I get
the captions in? Write them into Tags? It makes no sense to me. What I need
are fields with the important points to write into and on the right where
IPTC sits.

Nice to see you picking up a new word like coherent though, how would you
know whether you can discuss with me? You just sailed into the argument,
defending your friends, up until now none of you has discussed with me, I've
been threatened, lectured to, told off, fobbed off, talked down to and
dismissed as being unconstructive.

Guess what? I may not know much about Linux but the more Linux gets taken up
by people and the more Linux wants to be taken up by the masses, the more
people like me you will have to deal with; people who want programmes which
enable them to do the job they have to do. Getting stuffy and insulted is
not helpful. Now try and use your new word to give me an answer.

michael

visit my web site at www.hughes-photography.eu