[Digikam-users] digiKam on MAC Special CD of Heise c't magazine

Mike Meiser groups-yahoo-com at mmeiser.com
Sun Feb 17 22:12:21 GMT 2008

comment below

On Feb 17, 2008 3:12 AM, Gerhard Kulzer <gerhardkgmx at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 16 February 2008 Mike Meiser wrote:
> > Not sure I'm hearing you correctly.  Is the subject Digicam on the
> > mac, or is this some other "mac"?
>
> No it's May as in OS X, but i don't know the ToC of that magazine special.
>

> > FYI, After trying digikam on ubuntu i so wanted to use it on my mac
> > I'm running Ubuntu through virtualbox.
> >
> > I hear KDE is coming to mac soon, and am anxiously awaiting OSX
> > integrated versions of more of these KDE apps.
>
> That's right, QT4 is available for Mac and digiKam will soon run on it, see http://www.digikam.org/?q=about/releaseplan
>
> But even now, digiKam can be made running on OS X through the Fink project (http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/digikam), but don't ask me for installation details.

Yeah, once upon a time I was able to run fink, but been having some
problems with it in the latest OSX releases. They're fink specific
problems, am planning on following up on through fink channels.

Am happy to see open source working more transparently across other
OS's. Excited to see digikam and other KDE apps come to mac in a way
non tech people might be able to use them. Ultimately I think leveling
the playing field helps people ease to linux as a platform.  I did a
little review and perhaps 90% of the applications i use on a regular
basis are already open source.

-Mike
mmeiser.com/blog