[Digikam-users] timeline view

Scott Chevalley avalon at osguru.org
Thu Feb 7 14:29:11 GMT 2008

I get a bunch of

kio (KLauncher): ERROR: SlavePool: No communication with slave.
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header read failed, errno=104
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header has invalid size (-1)
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data

when I try and update the metadata.

To explain more fully what I'm seeing, if I go to the timeline view and
set the Time Unit to Year, I see green bars for 2001, 2003-2007.  I see
no bar for 2008.  The bars for 2005-2007 are all the same height, maxed
out, and when I click on, say, 2007, the number under the histogram in
the upper right says 9817215, which I assume is the number of images in
the selection.  If I click the little square under the bar, then images
will appear, but only about 25 images.  If I do a sql query on the db,
the it shows I took over 2000 pictures in 2007...

My take on the issue is that the ioslave that talks to the db is not
working correctly, but I'm not exactly sure where to look to fix it.

I compile digikam-svn to work in my home directory.  I may get the
Mandriva digikam spec and build a 0.94-svn rpm for the system and see if
that works better...