[Digikam-users] LightZone

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Mon Feb 4 20:44:00 GMT 2008

On Sunday 03 February 2008 9:21:42 am michael hughes wrote:
> I just downloaded and installed LightZone on Kubuntu and wondered if anyone
> else has tried it. I think its very similar to Adobes Lightroom and has
> lots of features which I find useful In particular the IPTC handling which
> is streets ahead of digikam.

I also am starting to give it a try.  I haven't had a lot of time to work with
it, but I think Digikam is far superior for image organization.  In
LightZone's favor is the ability to apply a transformation to a selected
area.  I think that it will be good to use as an external editor, just as
gimp is.  I look forward to hearing about your experiences with LZ.

Paul