[Digikam-users] Some trouble with slider controls in 0.10.0-beta6 and beta7

Francisco Lorés plores at telefonica.net
Tue Dec 30 16:54:05 GMT 2008

Hi Gilles and everybody,

I'm testing 0.10.0-beta7, and I find some difficulties with certain slider
controls in the edit window, as follows

Raw decoding -> White Balance -> Green: the slider only stops at very few
steps (it "jumps"). When fully dragged to the leftmost position, it shows 0.20
instead of 1.0, I must reset it with the right button and then it shows once
again 1.0, but the slider remains at the leftmost position.

Raw decoding -> Corrections -> Chromatic aberration correction: the Blue and
Red sliders behave similar to the described above. They "jump" over very few
positions, maybe two or three. When fully dragged to the left, they show
0.0001. After a reset with the right button they show once again 1.0000, but
the slider remains at the leftmost position.

PostProcessing -> Exposure -> Gamma: behaves similar to the above. Dragging to
leftmost position it reads 0.10, after reset it returns to 1.0 but remains at
the lefmost position. The Saturation and Exposure controls also "jump", but
seem to have a good behavior.

I have to set all these controls manually, either entering an amount in the
numeric box, or using the up/down arrows.

All this also happens in 0.10.0-beta6. I wonder if this is correct, or there
is a mistake in the packages for my distro (openSuSE 11.0), I think definitely
it can't be a bug. This is my profile:

digiKam version 0.10.0-beta7
Exiv2 can write to Jp2: No
Exiv2 can write to Jpeg: Sí
Exiv2 can write to Png: No
Exiv2 can write to Tiff: No
Exiv2 support XMP metadata: Sí
LibCImg: 129
LibExiv2: 0.16
LibJPEG: 62
LibJasper: 1.900.1
LibKDE: 4.1.3 (KDE 4.1.3) "release 63.3"
LibKExiv2: 0.5.0
LibKdcraw: 0.4.0
LibLCMS: 117
LibPNG: 1.2.26
LibQt: 4.4.3
LibRaw: 0.6.1-Release
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 3.8.2 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler Copyright
(c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Marble widget: 0.6.1 - KDE 4.1.1 Release
LibGphoto2: 2.4.2
LibKipi: 0.2.0-svn

Thanks to everyone, especially to the team for the excellent work, and the
best for the upcoming 2009! :-)

Francisco