[Digikam-users] Exiv2 0.18 and Digikam 0.9.4

Photonoxx smtp.no at laposte.net
Thu Dec 25 23:15:09 GMT 2008

Thanks for your answer, but I don't succeed... :-/

Could I use the Ubuntu repository version of Digikam ?

For the moment, I succeed to compile exiv2 0.18 and after libkexiv2 0.18
with a normal :

./configure
make
sudo make install

But when I launch Digikam and go to Help/about Digikam

It shows me version number 0.17 for libexiv2 and libkexiv2... ?

If I uninstall "all" with synaptic, and choose to install Digikam, it
imposes to me to install dependencies (kipi-plugins, libkexiv2-3,
libexiv2-4, exiv2), install from source of exiv2 0.18 and libkexiv2 0.18,
seems to not be see by Synaptic.

So, should I, in this case, install Digikam with Tarball ? Or may be
manually replace the lib and bin files as root ?

Thanks you

Nicolas