[Digikam-users] Color management with Nikon d40x

junk at lexoncom.com junk at lexoncom.com
Sat Dec 13 16:56:29 GMT 2008

this explains everything, I thought that those thumnails were small.
But , i tried to extrat one and it was 903K. Big enough to look very good.
One more think, I am curious if Nikon software also displays JPEG as
preview while editing or those are Raw images converted to working color
space and then updated while editing?
Now I understand algorithms used by nikon raw converter and digikam may
differ and the final output will depend on how the users uses the editing
software editing features.  Initially I though that every software uses
same raw conversion and the image would only differ depending on how it
was altered during the editing.  It also looks like that it is better to
use original raw converters.

thx