[Digikam-users] Bug how digikam handles soft links?

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:47:40 GMT 2008

There looks like it is a serious bug how digikam handles soft link. I
have a map Favourite where i put soft links to various pictures i
particularly like and then i can use that map for screensaver. But if
I in digikam edit a tag of a picture in the Favourite map, digikam
will move the real picture, overwriting the link and leave an empty
file (zero bytes) where the "real" picture was. I hope i did manage to
explain the process so other can verify it?

I just spent hours restoring files from a backup and from the
Favourite map to there original map in what i first thought was a
error on my part when I created the links. Just to discover that after
started digikam, added a tag to all photos in the Favourite map and
close digikam i had several zero size photos in my collection and the
links was overwritten with there original photo.

I'm running Kubuntu 8.10 with digikam 0.9.4-1ubuntu1.

/ Jonas