[Digikam-users] Connection problems between Digikam and my camera.

Jean Sebok jsebok at noos.fr
Fri Aug 29 14:21:53 BST 2008

Hello everybody,
I'm desperatly looking for an advice about the way my Digikam works with
my camera.
First of all, my configuration :
- OpenSuse 11.0
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7.(recognized as Panasonic DMC-LC1 in the list
of camera)
Until now, I used the older version of Opensuse, the 10.3 and had no
problems.
Since I upgraded it, when I try to download my pictures to my computer,
after connecting the camera via the USB connection, I get a message
saying that it's not connected.
But it is. Plus the camera is seen by my system as "USB Mass storage
interface"
I checked my USB connectors, they work fine. I even checked my camera on
a Windows Vista Pc, it works fine, I can  transfer my pictures.
OpenSuse 11 came with the 0.9.3 version of Digikam. So I upgraded it to
the 0.9.4 one, but the result is the same.
Has anybody the slightest idea of what's going on ? Do you know if there
is a problem with the new version of Opensuse ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.