[Digikam-users] Kubuntu

David Klasinc bigwhale at lubica.net
Tue Aug 26 14:36:48 BST 2008

Gandalf Lechner wrote:
> Am Dienstag 26 August 2008 09:27:44 schrieb Stephen J. Thompson:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Does anyone know if 0.9.4 (or even a 10 beta) has been packaged for
>> Kubuntu?
>
> at least in the official kubuntu repositories, there are no packages available
> for the newer digikam versions. so it's compile time for you ...

0.9.4 version compiles w/o any problems on Kubuntu 8.0.4. However, if
you are running KDE4.1 you'll have a little bit trouble getting the
correct development librararies.

If you run into trouble then just apt-get remove all the development
libraries, remove the ppa.launchpad.net sources for KDE4 from
sources.list run apt-get update and install all the development packages
neede.

Also 0.10.x will compile on Kubuntu 8.0.4 with KDE4, but I had some
trouble running it.

regards,
David