[Digikam-users] RAW workflow & digikam

Sebastian Schubert schubert.seb at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 25 17:06:34 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm just a newbie and would like to get some idea for a good workflow.
I want to shoot RAW files.  My idea:

1) download files to a backup folder
2) copy them to another folder, scan through it, delete bad ones and
keep the others
3) produce jpg from the files in 2)
4) tag and sort results from 3)

after some time
5) delete files in 1)

What do you think?  What would be the most efficient way to do that?  I
want -- of course -- have the final results in digikam.  Is an extra,
external raw converter a good idea?  To be honest, atm I'm quite
overwhelmed by all the sliders and stuff in these programs.

Is there a way to tag the raw files I want to keep (step 2) and the
final jpgs?

Thanks for any ideas!  Also if you know any tutorials, I am eager to
read them.

Sebastian

PS: Thanks for your work on digikam.