[Digikam-users] Monthly "cannot build from SVN" thread, sorry.

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at
Sat Aug 16 22:38:04 BST 2008

Hi Dotan,

digikam is compiling and running as it should here on the latest stable
kubuntu (that is, hardy kde4 fully updated). So there is probably something
wrong with your setup. It also took me a while to have all variables set in
the correct way and all dependencies satisfied, but thanks to a lot of help
from people on the list, it now works fine.

After the initial checkout as described on the digikam website, I use the
following script to checkout, compile and install. My svn directory is
~/down/svn, you have to adjust that to your system. And install all the
necessary development packages, of course, but I don't have a complete list of
these.

Good luck,
Gandalf

###########

clear;
echo "Digikam KDE4 checkout from subversion"
echo "~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"
echo "Set Variables"
DIGIKAMKDE4=/usr/lib/kde4
export PATH=/usr/lib/kde4/bin/:$PATH

export LANG=C
export KDEDIRS=$DIGIKAMKDE4:/usr/lib/kde4/
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIGIKAMKDE4/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LDPATH=$DIGIKAMKDE4/lib:$LDPATH
export PATH=$DIGIKAMKDE4/bin:$PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$DIGIKAMKDE4/lib/pkgconfig

export CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=$DIGIKAMKDE4/include
export CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIGIKAMKDE4/lib

echo ""
echo "checkout libs"
cd ~/down/svn/kde4/kdegraphics;
echo -n "libs:    "
svn up libs;
echo -n "cmake:   "
svn up cmake;

echo ""
echo "checkout digikam and kipi-plugins";
cd ~/down/svn/kde4/graphics;
echo -n "digikam: "
svn up digikam;
echo -n  "kipi:    "
svn up kipi-plugins;
echo -n "cmake:   "
svn up cmake;

echo ""
echo -n "compile and install libs? [yes=1/no=2]"
read x
case $x in
1) echo "    compile libs"; cd ~/down/svn/kde4/kdegraphics; rm -rf build;
mkdir build; cd build;
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$DIGIKAMKDE4
../../kdegraphics; make; sudo make install;;
2) echo "    libs not compiled";;
esac

echo ""
echo -n "compile and install digikam? [yes=1/no=2]"
read y
case $y in
1) echo "    compile digikam"; cd ~/down/svn/kde4/graphics; rm -rf build;
mkdir build; cd build;
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$DIGIKAMKDE4
../../graphics; make; sudo make install;;
2) echo "    digikam not compiled";;
esac
echo "";
echo "finished"