[Digikam-users] digikam 0.10.0-beta1 fails to convert old digikam3.db

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sat Aug 16 12:29:33 BST 2008

> I'm using archlinux kde 4.1 with digikam 0.10.0-beta1. When I start
> digikam on a folder containing an old digikam3.db (from version 0.9.3)
> I get following errors:
>
> QStringList
> Solid::Backends::Hal::HalManager::findDeviceByDeviceInterface(const
> Solid::DeviceInterface::Type&)  error:
> "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Disconnected"
>
> digikam(4051): Failed to detect a storage volume for path
> "/home/smyp/data/bildli"  with Solid

This is not database related. You have a problem with hardware detection using
HAL. The KDE framework "Solid" uses HAL on Linux to detect which hardware is
available on your laptop. HAL is freedesktop.org software running as a daemon
and reachable via DBus.
Now when on your machine Solid tries to contact HAL, there is
an "Error.Disconnected". Please check your HAL and DBus setup.

Marcel