[Digikam-users] raw converter

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at
Thu Aug 14 16:50:30 BST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 14. August 2008 16:59:18 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Go to Editor setup and set on the right option (disable by default for
> the moment).
>
> Note: it's not a kipi plugin...

Ah, theeere it is! Now that I found the new raw converter, I can say that it
has really improved a great lot over the old one. Whereas the old tool always
send me off to work with other converters, the new one makes me use digikam for
raw conversion as well :-)

Some more thoughts/feedback on the tool:

* At first I thought there is no zooming/panning available, but then I
discovered how to use it ;-)

* Will sharpening be included in the final converter?

* Maybe there should be some user info indicating which adjustments require a
click on "preview" to show up in the preview window.

* It would be handy to have a button next to each adjustment slider to reset
this particular slider to its default value.

* Will it be possible to save the raw converter settings as profiles?

Keep up the great work!

Best,
Gandalf