[Digikam-users] Digikam 0.10 - dcraw dependancy?

Константин Маслов conma at yandex.ru
Mon Aug 11 20:16:53 BST 2008

В сообщении от Monday 11 August 2008 14:00:09 digikam-users-request at kde.org
написал(а):
> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 12:46:08 +0200
> From: Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl>
> Subject: Re: [Digikam-users] Digikam 0.10 - dcraw dependancy?
> To: digikam-users at kde.org
>
> Dnia Sunday 10 of August 2008, ?????????? ?????? napisa?:
> > Hi.
> > I've just build kde4.1 for testing, more digikam then kde itself.
> > New shiny digikam did not open my NEFs, neither in preview nor in edit
> > mode. Shortly I discover that I have libkdcraw installed but I have no
> > dcraw on my system :)
> > So the question is:
> > Is it right that digikam and libkdcraw not depend on dcraw?
>
> Yes. Kdcraw have dcraw "inside".
>
> m.
Is it?
    I just built brand new KDE4, build Digikam 0.10-beta2 from kdesvn Gentoo
overlay. Digikam did not open my nefs. Libkdcraw was on the system, dcraw was
not, I did not check if they have kdcraw ebuild and if it was installed.
Digikam worked fine with or without dcraw. Without dcraw it just write "I
cann't open such type of image" but no errors or crashes.
    Then I built dcraw (not kdcraw, just dcraw) and Digikam opened my nefs.
    I checked it right now, there is no kdcraw ebuild in portage, only
libkdcraw-4.1.0. Libkdcraw ebuild depends only on media-libs/jpeg and
media-libs/lcms, not on dcraw.
    So I wonder if it is normal such absence of dependancy? And, if it is ok,
perhaps make the message little more informative? Something like "I cann't
open this image because you have no dcraw on your box"?

Konstantin.