[Digikam-users] Digikam workflow questions

David Rolph david at fromoz.com
Wed Apr 30 21:19:05 BST 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Lawrence Plug <ljp at dal.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 06:26:21PM +0200, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> > Dnia Wednesday 30 of April 2008, David Rolph napisaƂ:
> >
> > > 2.) I use Smugmug to host my photos.  They have a number of methods to
> > > upload photos.  I quite understand that its a bit too early to expect
> an
> > > interface to the smugmug API at this time.  But Smugmug does support a
> > > drag and drop interface.  If I tag my photos destined for smugmug then
> > > can easily show them all on the one page and select them all.  I can
> > > even drag them around in the Digikam interface, but they are not
> > > dragable to the Smugmug java upload interface within their upload
> page.
>

> > For me also drag'n'drop from Konq doesn't work.
>
> I drag n' drop from Konqueror but agree that it is clunky.
>
> Komododrop is a good example of a 3rd party app which uploads to
> and manages a smugmug site.
>
> It uses the smugmug API. Integrating komodo's level of function
> into digikam,, so the awkward middle step of konq is not needed,
> would certainly be nice.
>
> http://komodo.rabien.com
> C++ source is available. I don't know if it is GPL or what.
>
> To the OP.. I'm not sure why you are restricted to uploading one
> image at at a time from konq. I select many then drag and drop
> (but to komodo.. the smugmug java one is buggy for me)

Thanks for the Komododrop link.  I'll play with it.  It seems to be not so
much a solution to my problem, but a demonstration that most of the work has
already been done and it would be quite easy to take this software and
really build it into DigiKam.

Yes, you are right, I can drag and drop more than one at a time, so long as
they are in the same folder.  At the moment, I am getting organized and
tagging all my photos.  I only want to upload a small amount of them to
smugmug so I'd prefer to tag several albums then just drag the lot.  But
once I've tagged everything, my workflow will be just one folder I think.

cheers,
david