[Digikam-users] GPS data for raw files in xmp sidecar

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 08:27:41 BST 2008

Marcel,

I have just check Exiv2 from trunk :

- XMP sidecar is now supported.
- Photoshop PSD file (read only : Exif/IPTC/XMP extraction supported.)
- JPEG200 file (read only : Exif/IPTC/XMP extraction supported... but
who use it (:=))))
- GIF (read only image info only)
- TGA (read only image info only)
- BMP (read only image info only)

Marcel, PSD support in digiKam is very important. we only support 8
bits color depth, using QT image loader. We need a dedicated DImg
image loader to support 16 bits color depth.

About TIFF writting support : no idea yet. I CC Andreas to have more info...

Gilles Caulier