[Digikam-users] Suggestion for a Showfoto

Lawrence Plug ljp at dal.ca
Fri Apr 11 16:46:06 BST 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 04:50:16PM +0200, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> 2008/4/11, Lawrence Plug <ljplug at fastmail.fm>:
> >
> >  > BTW: Shouldn't also the raw conversion itself (including lense
> >  > correction) be put at the top of the pipeline?
> >
> > Do you mean distortion correction (barrel, pincushioning) and
> >  antivignetting etc? I personally think this should be grouped with
> >  transform tools (like resizing and rotating) -- all of which most users
> >  will/should do first, before colour, sharpening etc
>
> With digiKam for KDE4, there is a new tool which group all these
> correction in the same plugin :
>
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/LensFunPlugin/
>
> It use LensFun library to fix Lens distorsions.

That's excellent.

Is there a URL that summarizes KDE4 features/additions?  Or a
howto for compiling and testing the KDE4 version? kde in general,
and especially 4, is new to me, but point me in the right
direction and I can probably figure it out.

thanks
Lawrence

> http://lensfun.berlios.de/
>
> This tool can fix automatically an image using Exif info... LensFun
> has a database of camera+lens to perform corrections.
>
> Best
>
> Gilles Caulier

Q:	How many Zen masters does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A:	None.  The Universe spins the bulb, and the Zen master stays out
	of the way.