[Digikam-users] Suggestion for a Showfoto

Lawrence Plug ljp at dal.ca
Thu Apr 10 01:32:45 BST 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 10:26:38PM +0200, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> Dnia Wednesday 09 of April 2008, Lawrence Plug napisaƂ:
> > Rather than have the tools selected from a dropdown menu, an alternative
> > would be to have the tools within tabs stacked vertically, which then
> > individually drop down to show their respective sliders etc when
> > selected.  This is the way that rawtherapee, for example, organizes
> > tools. I find it very convenient (I use rawtherapee for ORFs). The tools
> > are stacked in the order that they would generally be used (WB and
> > exposure at the top, noise reduction near the bottom), and more than one
> > tool can be opened at a time.
>
> RT uses very compact GTK style. Default KDE/Qt is much more spacey,
> stacked tabs will take much more space.

I did not know of this limitation in KDE. (digikam is the only
KDE app I use. It certainly is a great one by the way). Is there
no option to compress?

> > Ideally, I'd like to be able to open and close a tool with a keystroke.
> > eg. ctrl-s drops down (or up) sharpening.
>
> Don't see why current shortcuts should stop working.

No, I suppose not. My point was that it would be very useful for
digikam to have multiple tools open (and close as needed) in the
right panel using keystrokes (RT doesn't do that with keystrokes
AFAIK, for example). If it wont work, c'est la vie.