[Digikam-users] Editing IPTC for Canon RAW files?

Jay Dickon Glanville dickon.glanville at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 02:30:16 BST 2007

Hello all,

I'm currently reviewing DigiKam as a replacement for my current photo
management software.  One of the pieces of functionality that I'm used
to is the ability to add IPTC information to my Canon RAW files (CRW).
 I can't find equivalent functionality in DigiKam.

I believe I already know the answer to this question, but it's always
nice to get confirmation.  Is the reason why DigiKam doesn't support
IPTC editing of Canon RAW files because the library it depends on
(Exif2) doesn't support it yet?

Thanks

JDG

--