[Digikam-users] How to compile from trunk

Charlier, Etienne etienne.charlier at siemens.com
Wed Oct 24 14:42:43 BST 2007

Thanks a lot,

I'll try !!!!

Etienne

________________________________

From: Gilles Caulier [mailto:caulier.gilles at gmail.com]
Sent: mercredi 24 octobre 2007 15:39
To: digiKam - Digital Photo Management for the masses
Subject: Re: [Digikam-users] How to compile from trunk

Etienne,

There is not yet a document to explain KDE4 compile. This need to be
written. I have no time to do it, I'm too busy with KDE4 port. If there
is a volunteer in this room to do it, feel free...

Few words to start :

1/ Install CMake
2/ Install QT4.3 development package
3/ Install KDE4 development package. beta3 at least or better use svn
trunk. Personally, under Mandriva, i have all KDE4 development package
available and updated every day. I never compile something from KDE4.
KDE4 is installed into /opt
4/ checkout Exiv2 from svn (future version 0.16 planed to December witch
support XMP). Compile and install.  Take a care than a new libexpat
depency have been added to support XMP.
5/ checkout trunk/extragear/libs. Compile and install all. Take a care
than a new depency to libsane-devel have been added. Look README to
instructions
6/ checkout trunk/extragear/graphics. remove all subfolder, excepted
digikam of course. Compile and install all. Take a care about new
depencies. Look README to instructions

Regards

Gilles Caulier