[Digikam-users] XMP metadata editor: only KDE4?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Oct 24 13:30:19 BST 2007

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Daniel Bauer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Am I right that the new metadata editor capabilities are only available with
> KDE4 environment and not with KDE 3.5.x?

Yes, this is being written for the KDE4 branch.

Even though I haven't tested it myself yet, it is important to emphasize
that it should not be used for production and will require
extensive testing
(it is a major change in many respects, including a change
in the database...).

> Or did I (once again) compile something wrong?

Well, if it worked, you have at least an up-to-date version
with a couple of nice features (improved light-table, rating and
file filter and such).
(BTW: comments are, as always, very welcome - I very much enjoyed
your input for digikam ...)

Best, Arnd