[Digikam-users] GPS Logger

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat Oct 20 10:59:26 BST 2007

Hi Gandalf,

some time ago I collected some links in the wiki,
  http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Digikam+Geolocalization

Personally, I have the DG-100 and am very happy with it,
in particular, because it is supported under Linux.
(There are smaller devices, but shorter battery life time,
some of them only with Bluetooth ...).

Note that the Sony (at least the old version, there might
be a newer one) does not have a SIRF III chipset, which
is considered to be the most sensitive/best currently
available (though there are some close competetors.

A good mailing list for finding info on GPS devices is  gpspassion:
  http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=128

Don't hesitate to ask further questions ...

HTH, Arnd