[Digikam-users] Duplicate Image finder questions

Donna-n-Doug Finner stonehusky at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 09:41:06 BST 2007

Two questions.
1)  When you're reviewing duplicates, there are two frames in the
dialog box.  Click on the left side for the 'master' image and you see
all of the dups in the right side.  What is the function does the
check box on the left side?  It doesn't seem to do anything.  If I
want to delete both the master and the dups, checking the left
filename doesn't result in the file being deleted.  If I check mark
multiple files on the left, I don't get all of the dups on the right.
Just curious.

B)  I'm working my way through a massive collection of files and have
about 5K dups to review and kill.  Doing it one file at a time is
going to take me for-freaking-ever.  Is there any way to just tell
digikam to 'kill all dups"?  I'm working on copies of the files so
there is little risk I'm going to do permanent damage.

TIA.

Doug