[Digikam-users] DigiKam fails to connect with my camera

rivenought rivenought at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 22:59:34 GMT 2007

OK, a few weeks ago was the last time I used DigiKam. I have a Kodak
EasyShare C533 which is detected and listed in the DigiKam program. I
know the camera works because it has worked numerous times previously. I
also plugged it into a Windows XP machine today, and it worked fine.

Now, the camera is detected, and the USB Imaging Device icon pops up on
the desktop as usual. The error message I then get is: "Failed to
connect to the camera. Please make sure it is connected properly and
turned on. Would you like to try again?" Something is just not right here...

I have the current version of DigiKam and pretty much everything else on
here is updated to the current versions, too.  I have libgphoto2,
libgphoto2-devel, digikam, digikamimageplugins,
digicamimageplugins-superimpose - all of these are updated against the
openSUSE 10.3 x86_64 repositories.

 Do you guys think it is possible that an update over the past few weeks
may have broken something somewhere? If so, what are my options to get
this issue fixed really easily? Anyone else have this same issue or have
any suggestions?

My system: openSUSE 10.3 (64-bit) / KDE 3.5.8 running on an MSI K9VGM-V
(integrated VIA Chrome9 K8M890 graphics) with an AMD AM2 Sempron64 3000+
CPU and 2 GB of Kingston KVR667D2N5 RAM.

This is not an absolute emergency, but I sure would like DigiKam to work
like it did before.  I would appreciate any help you guys can give.

rivenought at aol.com