[Digikam-users] Albums - possible to have more than one, or change sort order?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Nov 27 20:45:31 GMT 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 06:49:07PM +0100, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:

> > > As usual, you click into the header of the tree 'My Albums'. That will
> > > toggle normal/invert.
> >
> > Ah, thank you, I'd tried clicking on the My Albums folder but not on
> > the heading.  Why is it "As usual", it wasn't for me! :-)
>
> On all file browsers, ebay, listers of any sort, on $MS, OSX, Linux, BSD...
> clicking on the header of a display column sorts the items on this column,
> and a toggle inverts it.

Well maybe but it doesn't work quite so 'invisibly' as in digikam. :-)

E.g. I have an Access database, when I hover my mouse over the column
headings the cursor changes to an arrow.  ... *AND* clicking on the
column heading *doesn't* change the sort, I have to right click on the
column heading and change the sort.  (Sorry about shouting, I hadn't
realised this until I actually got there!)

In a PHP database displayed in Firefox it's sort of half way, the
cursor changes when you hover over the column header but it does
change the sort by just clicking on the header.

In every other case I've tried (Nautilus, Ebay) the cursor indicates
that the heading is clickable *and* in just about every case a little
^ or v appears to indicate that column sort is what is changed when
you click.

OK, can I suggest a usability change after all this, the cursor needs
to change when you move it over the heading to indicate that the
heading is clickable.  If an up/down arrow appeared as well that would
be even better.

--
Chris Green