[Digikam-users] Albums - possible to have more than one, or change sort order?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Nov 27 13:01:16 GMT 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 07:51:59AM +0100, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> Am Monday 26 November 2007 schrieb Chris G:
> > Is there any way to start digikam with a different 'root' album
> > directory? I'd find it very useful to be able to do this.
>
> In the upcoming KDE4 version of digiKam, multi-root albums are possible, but
> it is not planned for 0.9 series anymore.
>
> > It seems to be possible by creating a custom configuration file (I
> > copied /home/chris/.kde/share/config/digikamrc) and then using the
> > --config command line option.  Is there a neater way of doing this?
>
> I'm afraid not.
>

> > Alternatively is there any way to change the sort order of directories
> > within the 'root' album, or even hide some of them?
>
> The sort order can be changed (View menu) between folder, collection and date,
> and the order can be inverted.

Yes, I can possibly see ways that collectiopns might help me.  Date
is little use because quite a lot of my older folders are scanned so
the date is 'now' whereas the pictures are actually forty or fifty
years old.  I know I can probably set the dates but it's not ideal.

Can the sort order of folders/albums be inverted, that would be
useful.  In fact I can't see where any of the sort orders can be
inverted - where is it set?

> No hiding feature so far in digikam. You have to rename the album from outside
> digiKam to .folder to hide it.

If I rename to a hidden directory how can I then get to see it in
digikam, or can't I?

--
Chris Green